Wednesday, May 25, 2011

About Killing Off S. Claus....





























































































(.............)















I suddenly felt guilty that I had just robbed my child of some simple childhood fantasies.

However, by having told her the hard truth in these matters (mixed up with vague historical details from the dust balls of my meager brain), I am hoping she will give me more credit when we talk about the birds and the bees and the potential consequences of unplanned pollination and spread of botanical diseases...  






1 comment:

  1. You used the same wrapping paper? Come on! Where did you go to Parenting School anyway?

    When my wife's cousin Colleen announced that she knew there was no Santa, Uncle Lee took it as a parenting moment and took Colleen on his knee. He said, "We all eventually learn that there's no Santa, or there's no Easter Bunny..." Tears welled up in Colleen's eyes. "There's no Easter Bunny?!"

    --Charlie

    ReplyDelete