Sunday, October 31, 2010

About Costumes...


Instead of inking my comic this week, I've been sewing instead...

I spent the weekend making Oliver's astronaut costume for Halloween.  If Peter hadn't thrown away the box I was saving, Oliver would have had a space ship to go with his costume.  Not that I am complaining... as our dining room had exploded into a fabric strewn chaos during this particular creative endeavor.  We, as a family, spent the entire Sunday cleaning the house.  Yay.
( -- ____ -- ;)




Izzy as "Lily" from Kevin Henke's picture books.  I had made her costume last year and she wanted to be the Lily again this year too.  They were Totoro during the previous years.   I am hoping she will keep asking to be nice little furry animals instead of Lady Gaga in her later years... though the idea has definite creative merits...


This little mouse is dozing off...



Commander Ollie the Astronaut.


Initially, I made his helmet too big so he looked more like an alien than an astronaut.
Hmmm... maybe he looked more like a light bulb.  

I must admit, I take certain evil delight in making my children look super goofy - like bad hair cuts, funny clothes... you get the idea.  I find them terribly entertaining.  

Anyway, now, I have to turn my thoughts to this year's Christmas cards.  My mind draws a blank.  I envision another last minute run to Kinkos in the middle of the night and mailing our cards out again during New Year's eve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment